Sunday, May 24, 2009

Speck, She Trees With Energy


Always quit when you are ahead. Speck was two for two; two drops, two coons. So we (Hannah, Abi, Gracie, Zeb, Zach, Lydia, Steven, Josh, Sarah, and I) thought we would make one more drop before heading home. That drop was at 10:30 PM, and I left for my house without Speck around 3:00 AM. Thankfully, she had a tracking collar on, and I found her the next morning about a mile from the drop off location.
That same group as mentioned above have had some experiences of late. The time prior to this hunt, on my way to drop off the Reed kids (Steven, Josh, and Sarah), my lights on my truck began to go dim. I met their father, Rod, and he led me back to my house-I stuck my flashlight out the window as my lights were completely out by this time. As we drove into the driveway the truck cut off and I coated to my carport. My alternator quit. Rod, as he was leaving, said, "You are making memories." I responded, "Yes, but it is going to cost me come morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment